Son Naeun officially left Apink

SEOUL – On April 8, 2022, Son Naeun officially announced on the social media that she has officially left Apink, the girl group that rose her fame for over 10 years. The 28 year-old has also ended her contract with Apink's label, IST last year after she had officially signed with YG Entertainment.

Son Naeun wrote her farewell letter from Apink:

I worried a lot about how I should say this, and even now, as I write these words, I’m very nervous.

I will be leaving Apink, with whom I have been together for the past 11 years.

Because Apink is a place like family, with whom I have spent a long time together, I made this difficult decision after a lot of debate, and though it wasn’t an easy decision, I plan to become a Panda [Apink fan] and cheer on Apink starting from now on.

The members… Chorong, Bomi, Eunji, Namjoo, Hayoung… the many people who have worked hard for Apink from the start, including the IST staff, and the fans, who are the most precious of all: as I look back on the times we’ve spent together until now and our memories, there is no way to express all of my feelings through words, but…

I want to sincerely thank from the bottom of my heart everyone who made my teens and twenties the most radiant, who gifted me this happy time.

I will engrave the name “Apink’s Son Naeun” in my heart, and I think showing you better things in the future, so that I don’t bring shame to that name, is one way I can repay you.

Please give lots of love to Apink, and I, too, will be sincerely rooting for them.

Up until now, this has been Apink’s Son Naeun.


Naeun had enjoyed her huge success with APink since debuted in 2011. She had also starred in various dramas and co-wrote songs for the group when she was with APink.

- Apink to resume as five
Apink will continue to release their more music with the remaining five members: Chorong (31), Bomi (29), Eunji (29), Namjoo (27) and Hayoung (26). The group released their latest album Horn, which was their final album with Naeun. Originally a seven-member girl group, Apink had previously lost another member Hong Yookyung who also left the group and its label in 2013.

- Sources:

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Dove Cameron!

Girl Meets World Complete Series Collection DVD/BluRay

2023 year in review: Dove Cameron